This might look okay,so-so to you but let me tell you,its really nice!! Must try for choco lovers!
12 small fist size buns.
You will need:
- 200g bread flour
- 70g cake flour
- 10g cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chocolate emulco
- 50g sugar
- 4g salt
- 4.5g milk powder
- 5.5g instant dried yeast
- 43g whisked egg
- 55ml milk
- 92g tangzhong (i used flour+milk)
- 24.5g unsalted butter,softened
- About 12 teaspoons nutella
- Mix all ingredients except milk and butter at low speed for 2 minutes or till well mixed.
- Change to higher speed.
Add in milk bit by bit till dough is formed.
- Let the mixer knead for another 8 minutes.
Add softened butter and knead for 10 minutes or till dough is not sticky and forms a membrane when stretch.
Place dough in a greased container,cling wrap it and proof for 45 minutes or till it doubles its size.
Remove and divide them into small doughs(around 30g) and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll into a the shape of a pancake,add nutella and seal tightly and roll into a bun shape.Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Place shaped dough onto lined baking tins,cling wrap and proof for 45 minutes.
- Brush the top with milk.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 12-15 minutes at 160°C.
- Remove from baking tin immediately and cool on rack.
- Dough may appear sticky at first but just keep kneading till it becomes less sticky.
- You do not have to add all the milk.Add bit by bit when necessary.Trust me you won't want a dry or sticky dough.
- Use as little flour as you can during shaping,else the bread will turn out hard.If you have a nice non stick dough,you won't need any more flour during shaping.
- If you want a shiny glaze,you can use eggs to brush the top instead.
- Transfer bread immediately from baking tins to cooling rack to prevent bread bottom getting moist.
- All timing above is dependent on your mixer and oven model.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~