A good marble cake to me has to be soft,fluffy,not too sweet.When i just bgt my HappyCall Pan,Crissie gave me a list of recipes using HCP.This is one of the recipe that is on my to make list.
I had done minor adjustments to the original recipe,according to my preferred taste and had also added more details on how to fill the pan/tin.This is really easy to make and yummy,so a must try!I am using HappyCall Pan to make this.You can use an oven to bake it as well.
- Ocher Deeper Pan size ( 9" by 9" cake tin,roughly aroung 20 decent slices)
You will need:
- 250g flour
- 250g butter
- 220g sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 60ml milk
- Mix cocoa powder with 3 tbsp of warm water in a medium size bowl to form a paste.
- Sift flour and baking powder.
- Cream butter and sugar till pale and creamy.
- Add eggs,one at a time.
- Add milk and vanilla essence.
- Fold in flour in 3 batches,do not over mix.
- Scoop 1/3 of the batter into the bowl of cocoa paste and mix well,do not over mix.
- Scoop a spoonful of plain batter onto greased(recommended) pan or lined cake tin,followed by cocoa batter and repeat till all batter are used.
- Lightly stir with chopstick to create swirls.
- Shake the pan/tin a little to even out the batter.
- Cook at very low heat,shifting the pan around for every 3-5 minutes.(for even texture)
- After about 15 minutes,open the lid to check if the top is no longer moist,otherwise continue to cook till so.
- Flip the pan and shift it around for another 10 minutes.
- Flip the pan back and check if the cake is done.
- Once done,transfer onto cooling rack carefully.
- Serve when cooled.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 25-30 minutes or till cooked.
- Leave in tin for 10 minutes before removing to cool on rack.
- Serve when cooled.
- To know if your cake is cooked thoroughly or not,insert a skewer or satay stick onto the centre.If it comes out clean,it is done.
- Personally i prefer to line my tin with baking paper than grease it as it is easier to remove the cake when done.
- Do not remove immediately from tin as the cake might break.
- Do not slice cake when it is hot.*The cake is very fragile when it is hot.
- Different mixers and ovens will differ in mixing and cooking time.
- For more info,click here.
Original recipe from:Marble Cake by Serene Tan.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~