What is your favourite flavour for ice-cream? Mine is mango! The recipe that i am going to share is named as mango icecream by the author but i would say to me its more like sorbet.It tastes exactly or almost like the mango sorbet sold at New Zealand Natural.Nice!
There is also a chocolate flavour ice-cream recipe which i had tried and i think it is really nice.Click here for the recipe.
- 1 small tub (about 500ml)
You will need:
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 200ml whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons icing sugar or to taste
- Skin the mangoes.
- Puree 350g of the mangoes (about 1 1/2 mangoes) and dice the rest.
- Mix or blend the mango puree with sugar and whipping cream.
- Stir in diced mangoes.
- Pour the mixture into a container.
- Place a piece of baking paper on it and cover the lid.
- Put into freezer till frozen.
- Mangoes must be very ripe in order to have a sweet sorbet.
- Add more cream if you prefer a creamy texture(ice cream)
- The baking paper is to prevent ice crystals from forming on top of the sorbet.
- Stir the sorbet every hour with a fork for 5-6 times to prevent ice crystals from forming in the sorbet and to make it creamier.
Original recipe from:WokkingMum
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~