I cook this when i am feeling lazy.Ha! It is a really quick and easy one dish meal that everyone must know how to cook!
You will need:
- 1 and 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 large onion,diced
- 2 eggs
- 3-5 hotdogs,diced
- 2 handful of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/2 tablespoons dark soya sauce
- 6-8 tablespoons of light soya sauce(adjust accordingly to taste)
- A pinch of pepper
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoon oil
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker as normal.
- Boil the frozen mixed vegetables and drain away excess water.
- Beat eggs lightly with dark soya sauce and pepper.
- Heat 1/2 teaspoon of oil in wok.
- Cook the hotdogs.
- Remove and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the same wok.
- Add onions and fry for a minute.
- Add the rice and fry till combined.
- Pour eggs over the rice and fry till combined.
- Pour light soya sauce over the rice and fry till combined.
- Add hotdogs and mixed vegetables and fry till combined.
- Remove and serve.
- You can add ingredients you like to replace hotdogs and mixed vegetables.(eg.:prawns,char siew)
- If you prefer to have whiter rice,replace the dark soya sauce for the eggs with light soya sauce.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~