I am starting to fall in love with this dish.It is a quick and easy dish and most importantly it is yummy!
I am using HappyCall Pan to cook this.You can use a claypot or rice cooker to cook this as well.However a rice cooker may not have the same result.
You will need:
(A) For marinating
- 3 chicken thighs,deboned
- 6-8 shitake mushrooms
- 1/2 chinese sausage,sliced
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chinese cooking wine
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 stalks of xiao bai cai,washed
- 2 cloves of garlic,sliced
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 1 cup rice
- 1 and 1/2 cup water (sauce (abt 50ml) drained from (A) plus water)
- Mix (A) in a bowl and marinate for 1 hour.
- Drain the sauce from (A) into a measuring cup.
- Add water till it makes 1 and 1/2 cup.
- Rinse rice and drain well.
- Heat oil and fry garlic till fragrant.
- Add vegetables and fry till almost cook.
- Remove the garlic and vegetables.
- Add rice and water.
- Close the lid and boil till the rice is almost dry at medium heat.
- Open the lid and arrange the chicken,mushrooms,chinese sausage and vegetables on top of the rice.
- Close the lid and cook for about 5-8 minutes or till ingredients are cooked.
- Open the lid and stir the ingredients with the rice.
- Close the lid and off the heat.
- Serve after 5 minutes.
- Adjust the condiments according to taste.
- You can replace the ingredients according to your preference.
- To make rice charred,adjust heat to high for 2 minutes between Step 7 and 8.
- I am using a HCP to cook this,other pots may require more cooking time.
Marinating sauce recipe from:Claypot Chicken Rice by Evon Goh.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~