Made this once i got the recipe from Angelyne.
- 2 x 13cm tube pan
You will need:
55g cake flour
10g cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
35g cooking chocolate
1/2 teaspoon chocolate emulco
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Warm milk and melt chocolate in it,set aside to cool.
- Sift flour,baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in (A) with 1 and 2,with a hand whisk till well mixed.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with electric whisk and add in sugar gradually,beat till stiff peaks formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of egg white mixture into mixture in step 1. Then slowly fold in the rest until well mixed,do not deflate the egg white mixture.
- Pour into ungreased tube tins (1/2 to 3/4).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 40 minutes or till cooked.
- Remove from oven and invert the tin.
- When cake is completely cooled,unmould from tin,slice and serve.
- To know if your cake is cooked thoroughly or not,insert a skewer or satay stick onto the centre.If it comes out clean,it is done.
Different mixers and ovens will differ in mixing and cooking time.
- For more info,click here and here.
~Indulge in what we make in DeQueenKitchen~