This is a MUST try.I love it so much! It is amazing when bananas can be used to make chiffon cake,as you know the bananas can be too heavy for the cake to rise properly.Soft,tender and light with a tinge of bananas.Like what my toddler says:"hmmmmm,yummy!"
- 1 x 17cm tube pan
You will need:
55g cake flour
85g banana puree
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon banana essence
3 egg yolks
(B)3 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Sift flour and baking soda.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in (A) with 1. with a hand whisk till well mixed.
- Beat egg whites and cream of tartar with electric whisk and add in sugar gradually,beat till stiff peaks formed.
- Fold in 1/3 of egg white mixture into mixture in step 1. Then slowly fold in the rest until well mixed,do not deflate the egg white mixture.
- Pour into ungreased tube tins (1/2 to 3/4).
- Bake in a preheated oven at 170°C for 35 minutes or till cooked.
- Remove from oven and invert the tin.
- When cake is completely cooled,unmould from tin,slice and serve.
- To know if your cake is cooked thoroughly or not,insert a skewer or satay stick onto the centre.If it comes out clean,it is done.
- Different mixers and ovens will differ in mixing and cooking time.
- For more info,click here and here.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~