I remember vividly that every time my parents brought my sister and I to my paternal grandmother house for dinner,there is always this dish that I savor.I had mild allergy to seafood when I was small but I couldn't resist pinching on it. Maybe I love the sweetness.
Mum is the one who taught me how to make this dish though. I would always request this dish whenever she is cooking for reunion dinner.Now at my own house,I make them once a week.I want to thank my god for getting rid of my allergy towards seafood so I can enjoy this dish wholeheartedly.And my husband loves this dish too,he would even pour the gravy on his rice.And the funniest thing is I would tell him beforehand the "limit" each person can eat.Ha!
- 2-3 Pax
- 15-20 pcs of small prawns
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon corn flour
- 1/2 bowl water
- 1-2 tablespoon oil
- A pinch of salt
- Remove the prawns’ head(pluck off) and legs(cut with scissors) for easier consumption.(u can choose to leave them on.)
- Add salt to the prawns.
- Mix ketchup,corn flour into water.
- Heat oil and fry garlic till fragrant.
- Add prawns and fry till almost cook.(u can still see a little bit of greyish flesh.)
- Add the ketchup mixture.
- Stir and close the lid for about 3-5 mins.(Toss the pan once/twice in the meantime.)
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
- You can add more garlic or ketchup according to your preference.
- I am using HCP to cook this dish,a normal wok may require more cooking time.
~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~