The best that I had so far is the one at Ang Mo Kio and Bedok.They have just the right combination of sweetness and saltiness.I often ask my husband to tabao for me when he brought our late bunny to the vet.
- 2-3 Pax
You will need:
- Pre-made carrot cake (480g)
- 1 handful of Chai Por
- 1 small bowl of water
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 eggs
- 5 cloves garlic-chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet sauce
- 1 teaspoon sambal chilli (optional)
- Some spring onions for garnishing (optional)
- Soak the chai por in the bowl of water to remove excess salt.(10 mins).Drain and set aside.
- Lightly beat eggs in a bowl with light soy sauce,set aside.
- Cut carrot cake in rectangular cubes,according to your prefered sizes.
- Heat oil and fry garlic till fragrant.
- Add in chai por,followed by carrot cake and fry for 2 minutes.
- Cover the lid for another 2 mins,tossing the pan once a while.
- Close the lid and off the fire.
- Step 8 at The Cooking is important to ensure that your carrot cake is soft.The longer you simmer the softer and tender it will be.
Original recipe from:Adrian Koh
~Indulge what we make at DeQueenKitchen~