Please note:

I may not be the originator of most recipes but time and effort is spent on experimenting/testing out recipes,editing photos,creating entries.

Please include the link of my blog entry/ies if you wish to share at other places.Please do not just copy and paste and pass it as yours.

Respect when sharing.

Thank you!

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Economic Bee Hoon



I used to have "Economic" almost every weekend when I was working at Citi. Due to the nature of my work,I had very irregular lunch hours,so this is a good meal in the sense that it tastes just as cold even it is no longer warm.I kinda feel in love with it and therefore I decided that I must learn to make the food that I love =)

After doing some online recipes research and combining A with B minus C.Ha! Tadah!! My recipe for the soft,moist and Q Economic Bee Hoon.Simple yet yummy!

Serves:
  • 2-3 Pax

You will need:
  • 1/2 packet of bee hoon
  • 2 tablespoons of oil
  • 5 cloves of garlic,chopped finely
 (A)For soaking beehoon
-Warm water enough to cover the bee hoon
-1 tablespoon sesame oil
-1 tablespoon sugar
-1 tablespoon light soya sauce
-1 tablespoon dark soya sauce

(B)For cooking the bee hoon
-1 tablespoon dark soya sauce
-1 tablespoon light soya sauce
-250 ml water

The Preparation:
  • Mix ingredients in (A) and soak the bee hoon for at least 30 mins and drain.
  • Mix ingredients in (B)

The Cooking:
  1. Heat oil and fry garlic till fragrant.
  2. Add bee hoon and fry till garlic is combined.
  3. Add (B) and stir occasionally till liquid are almost absorbed
  4. Serve hot with your favourite sides.
Tips:
  • Add more garlic or condiments according to your preferences.You can also add cabbage or beansprouts,I preferred mine plain though.
  • If you prefer softer bee hoon,add more hot water when soaking the bee hoon.

This recipe is a mix of recipes from Noobcook and Hakka House.

~Indulge in what we make at DeQueenKitchen~

No comments:

Post a Comment